2021 Annual Report
Dear CARE Center friends and supporters,
The past year saw fantastic growth and major milestones for The CARE Center. I am continually impressed by the team of dedicated individuals who make this a safe and life-changing place for so many children and families and for those who are out in the community preventing child abuse through education. Just a few things we are most proud of from the past year:
- After one full year in our new building, we’ve drastically reduced wait times for children to be forensically interviewed, which tremendously reduces further trauma.
- Our incredible mental health team has grown from a staff of one to a staff of five including two on-site imbedded therapists from two collaborative partner agencies.
- We officially welcomed Variety Care to our campus to provide our children and families with critical on-site medical care.
- Our prevention education team reached a huge milestone: more than 55,000 Oklahoma County children educated through our ROAR program.
- We raised record amounts at our annual Brave Ball gala and Stand Up For Kids luncheon thanks to our incredibly generous donors and friends.
- Six of our staff members attended the Crimes Against Children Conference in Dallas and four members of our leadership team attended the National Children’s Alliance Leadership Conference in Washington D.C.
- We were honored to be named the Dr. Rodney L. Huey Memorial Champion of Oklahoma Health for the 2022 Champions of Health Awards
Thank you to every staff member, partner, board member, donor, and community member who supported our efforts over the past year. The work we do is incredibly difficult, and we could not have done it without you. We need YOU to help end child abuse.
Looking forward to the year ahead,