Child abuse prevention month
April is a big month for us and each year we make a large effort to make sure the community is educated and spreading awareness about child abuse prevention. This year, we’re excited bring you “Paint the Town Blue”, an effort to have other community organizations participate in this month’s activities!
Below is a timeline of events for the month! While it is the entire month, most of our #CAPM activities planned will fall during the week of April 11-15:
- April (all month): The CARE Center will turn our building lights blue in support of child abuse prevention; we will also be sharing the entire “Paint the Town Blue” campaign + loads of stats/education materials on our social media
- April 11: WEAR BLUE DAY! Post pictures of yourselves + your work, family, friends, etc. wearing blue in support of child abuse prevention month (don’t forget to tag us on social media!) Skydance Bridge, OMNI Hotel, First National Building, and OU Children’s Hospital will all turn their lights blue in support of child abuse prevention this day!
- April 11-15
- Hurts Donuts is offering two blue donut options all week!
- Sasquatch Shaved Ice will serve six different flavors of CARE cones all week!
- Mayor Holt/Carrie Blumert to wear blue/share on social media
- April 18: The Capitol will turn blue for child abuse prevention
Thank you in advance for participating via social media, wearing blue, and spreading the word during April 11-18! When you see us share posts on social media about the campaign, please reshare to your story or feed so that we can spread the word about child abuse prevention month.